ASICS, one of the leading sports retailers in the world, approached Re:signal in December 2018 with a desire to generate an uplift in organic search traffic and revenue across European sites, following previous years of organic search decline and stagnation.
Defining our goal
Re:signal performed a full audit of ASICS SEO processes, their market share, and visibility. Following this we presented ASICS with a complete competitor and opportunity analysis, and a forecast for growth.
From this ASICS and Re:signal set initial targets for the partnership:
- 30% Increase in Year-on-Year Organic Revenue.
- 30% Increase in Year-on-Year Organic Search Traffic.
“We were consistently missing our targets on organic revenue growth… With 26 websites in 8 different languages, we just didn’t have the in-house expert SEO knowledge that we needed”
Senior E-Commerce Performance Manager – ASICS Europe
New process, new challenges
We developed and executed an international content strategy across 8 languages. This included the creation and optimisation of new and existing informative articles and guides, two types of category pages and an FAQs section, alongside on-site technical optimisation.
- We implemented key technical SEO actions by working together with the in-house team in deployment sprints to ensure we had a solid platform to build upon.
- We optimised 2,000+ PDP (product detail pages), improving on-site optimisation for key existing pages with the opportunity to boost rankings and traffic.
- We created content for 584 existing PLP (product listing pages) in tier 1, 2 & 3 markets by order
of priority. This copy is internally linked to relevant product/category landing pages for a
strong internally connected architecture. In the commercial sense, these optimisations to
date have had the most impact on the brand, as an uplift across these category pages meant
significant revenue uplift.
- We created a “Running Advice” content hub which we populated with 600+ informative articles, centralised in English and localised in French,German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish and Portuguese.
- We regularly updated/optimised “key content” pages to ensure we are the authority on the topic, mainly optimised for head terms and associated queries. This helped the Passive Link Acquisition strategy with some of the top-tier publications/running magazines and sites linking to these pages without any outreach and compounding the link profile growth.
A snapshot of our customer- buying cycle analysis, and traffic opportunity analysis!
The Business Impact
We helped improve outcomes in two key areas:
1. We helped up-skill the ASICS in-house team – by acting as an extension of the ASICS team, we trained their SEO analysts on useful tools, helped improve the content turnaround time & supported general site maintenance.
2. We prioritised by value to drive organic growth for ASICS – putting the customer first to ensure that we’re focusing our efforts on the market opportunity to target awareness,
consideration and conversion traffic, in order to grow meaningful organic traffic and revenue growth, adapting to changing search demand trends during covid.