OKA is a top British furniture and home accessories retailer. In 2015, OKA and Re:signal (at the time called Blueglass!) joined forces to kickstart the companies online growth strategy!
Defining our goal
Our first step was to complete an audit and analysis of OKA’s SEO processes, and the opportunities that existed for growth and optimisation.
This led us to a clear goal:
Increase organic search revenue.
New process, new challenges
To deliver this, we needed to get creative. We designed an innovative content creation and SEO optimisation strategy to achieve our aim.
- Prioritised SEO strategy by value – focusing on new customer acquisition for interior/outdoor furniture, whilst providing existing customers with information on new designs, and inspirations.
- Worked backwards from revenue target – taking
the organic search conversion rate, we determined the
new search traffic levels we needed to reach.
- We targeted search terms that would bring in a sufficient amount of traffic to meet the identified target traffic.
- Content creation – we created a production, publish and outreach calendar for each quarter. This allowed us to have the content written, published and promoted as the seasonality started.
- With the target keyword categories, individual keywords and landing pages we were able to improve rankings.
The Business Impact
- Since working together we achieved our aim of increasing organic search revenue for OKA, we exceeded our targets and managed to boost this by 109.42%
- We won Best Use of Search in Retail at the 2016 UK Search Awards.