Google Chrome has fast evolved into a favourite browser for the masses after eating up the majority of Internet Explorer market share in 2012 and since then it has seen a consistent increase in its Browser Market Share Worldwide with as much as 64% of users using it across all platforms (tablets and smartphones included) as the leading browser of choice. This makes it a popular browser among SEO’s who have a vast variety of SEO tools/extensions and plugins that help them do SEO more efficiently and effectively.
Here are some of the tried and tested Google Chrome extensions for SEO that we would highly recommend using:
Formerly a FREE tool now only $10 for 100,000 searches (to be used within a calendar year), this keyword research extension for Google Chrome is one of the most popular choices among all new and experienced SEO professionals.
My favourite attributes from this tool are that it shows you quick search volumes & Google Trends data for every keyword you search across Google and displays the same information in 15 other popular websites including YouTube, Google Search Console, Amazon, etc. The Source of Search Volumes is Google Keyword Planner.
It also helps to identify search volume for a Bulk list of Keywords, with an output of data displayed for the region of your choice. You can choose regions prior to a search, which currently includes Global, UK, US, AU, CA, NZ which are noteworthy.
Images Credit: Keywords Everywhere
Download Keywords Everywhere – Keyword Tool for Google Chrome and read the comprehensive overview of what this extension offers in the overview section.
This all-in-one SEO extension for Google Chrome provides SEO-related insights at the click of a button for any website that you’re currently on.
- Displaying title tag, meta description, meta robots tag, canonical, etc
- Headings – including all H1, H2, H3, etc and links to Robots.txt and Sitemaps.xml
- Ability to Download All Images
- Ability to Download All links
- Some great shortcuts in the Quick Links tab to external tools/platforms for insights
Images Credit: Detailed
Download Detailed SEO Extension for Google Chrome and read the comprehensive overview of what this extension offers in the overview section.
This extension is particularly useful as it helps visually indicate in RED whether any robot exclusions are preventing the page you’re on from being crawled or indexed by Search Engines.
The extension has 5 key reports as per its download page including robots.txt check, meta robots check, x-robots-tag check which comes with URL alerts and also gives canonical warnings and HTTP header info, etc.
Download Robots Exclusion Checker for Google Chrome and read the comprehensive overview of what this extension offers in the overview section.
SEO Minion is hands down one of my favourite Google Chrome extension for SEO as it not only helps you with daily SEO tasks like carrying out an on-page SEO analysis, checking the page for broken links, but also specific tasks like HREFLangs & their validation, as well as advanced overviews like SERP Preview and Google search location simulator that helps you view how Google search results for a specific keyword are displayed in two different locations or languages.
Images credit: SEO Minion
I encourage every user to explore this extension in detail as it covers plenty of things altogether which will save you loads of time and also give you quick insights accordingly.
Download the SEO Minion extension for Google Chrome and read the comprehensive overview of what this extension offers in the overview section.
SEOInfo displays SEO issues like performance data, structure data validation, AMP Status, and HTML errors while you’re on the page. Available in English, Spanish, and French, this extension automatically displays errors from on-page and Core Web Vitals.
It makes into the top 5 extensions primarily for having a simple and light design and focusing on mainly performance data which is becoming a crucial part of SEO.
Download the SEOInfo extension for Google Chrome and read the comprehensive overview of what this extension offers in the overview section.
Following are a list of Google Chrome SEO extensions that come highly recommended from within our team and the wider SEO community:
- Tag Assistant Legacy (by Google) to check/validate Google Analytics/GTM implementation
- Link Redirect Trace helps analyse paths for redirects, canonicals, search engine indexation, and HTTP headers.
- BuiltWith Technology Profiler lets you find out what technology a website is built with. Not directly SEO-related but is great for analysing all the tech-stacks associated with a site including CMS, Scripts, Ad Networks, etc.
- Lighthouse by Google -this is a must in the list as this extension lets you identify improving the performance and quality of your web pages, after running a series of tests against the page. The generated report then lets you highlight key elements you need to improve to get a better performance and test scores.