To get into the Christmas spirit for this year, we are once again running a marketing and business books giveaway.
We have revamped our list for 2020 with a whole host of new, informative books! You can find them all listed below.
The only problem is, there are so many great marketing and business books out there, it’s impossible to read them all! With that in mind, we’ve taken the best recommendations from our team and peers and built a list of essential books for marketers:
- Lost & Founder by Rand Fishkin – Hard-won lessons that are applicable to any kind of business environment.
- The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller – Bestseller that delivers extraordinary results in every area of your life – work, personal, family, and spiritual.
- Understanding Digital Marketing by Damian Ryan – The book provides a practical, no-nonsense guide to digital marketing, from strategy and digital transformation to best-practice basics and trends.
- Mastering in-house SEO by BlueArray – In this ground-breaking book, Blue Array have compiled contributions from 26 leading in-house search engine optimisation (SEO) experts on topics ranging from successful case studies, getting things done when you have no formal authority, career advice, community building, and many more.
- Good strategy, bad strategy by Richard Rumelt – Drawing on examples of the good and the bad from across all sectors and all ages, he shows how this insight can be cultivated with a wide variety of tools that lead to better thinking and better strategy, a strategy that cuts through the hype and gets results.
- Trillion-dollar coach by Eric Smidt & co – Based on interviews with over eighty people who knew and loved Bill Campbell, Trillion Dollar Coach explains the Coach’s principles and illustrates them with stories from the many great people and companies with which he worked.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear – A supremely practical and useful book James Clear distils the most fundamental information about habit formation, so you can accomplish more by focusing on less.
- Be More Human by Caspar Craven – Drawing on his 30-plus years of experience in building and leading teams to set, tackle and achieve Big Bold Goals, Caspar Craven has rewritten the rule book on how to build thriving high-performance teams.
- Black Box Thinking: The Surprising Truth About Success by Matthew Syed
- Alchemy by Rory Sutherland -In the book, the author blends cutting-edge behavioural science, jaw-dropping stories and a touch of branding magic, on his mission to turn us all into idea alchemists. The big problems we face every day, whether as an individual or in society, could very well be solved by letting go of logic and embracing the irrational.
- This Is Marketing by Seth Godin -This book shows you how to do work you’re proud of, whether you’re a tech startup founder, a small business owner, or part of a large corporation.
- Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker -A neuroscientist shows how a good nights shuteye can make us cleverer, more attractive, slimmer, happier, healthier and ward off cancer.
- I’m feeling lucky: Falling On My Feet in Silicon Valley by Douglas Edwards – This is the story of what it’s like to work for a boss who is the age of your favourite t-shirt – and is never, ever wrong.
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life by Nil Eyal -In Indistractable, behavioural designer Nir Eyal reveals the hidden psychology driving you to distraction. Empowering and optimistic, this is the book that will help you design your time, realise your ambitions, and live the life you really want.
- Unconscious Branding: How Neuroscience Can Empower (and Inspire) Marketing by Douglas Van Praet – In this book, the author takes the most brilliant and revolutionary concepts from cognitive science and applies them to how we market, advertise and consume in the modern digital age.